Blind spots

Miscellaneous Discussion
bennyowens

Blind spots

Postby bennyowens » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:01 pm

Hope it's ok that I start a couple of discussion threads, I'm still on the fence about participating and hopefully these will help me decide!

For me joshi is a huge blind spot this year, in fact I've only seen one match! Not through lack of interest, it's just there's so much to watch and it's just an area I've not made time for. I'm not sure if I should try and dig in to some of the recommended stuff or this wouldn't be a fair way to judge an entire subset of wrestling and I should just leave it out of my list completely.

What are your views on how representative your lost should be of the whole wrestling spectrum? What blind spots do you have?

QuentinM

Re: Blind spots

Postby QuentinM » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:58 pm

I need to catchup on Southern indies. Seen a good amount of stuff from PWX, CWF, watched SCI, and randomly pimped matches here and there but I need to watch that Marquee show that's been getting rave reviews (pun somewhat intended).

JML

Postby JML » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:18 pm

For me, it's the indies along the bigger companies in Japan like New Japan and All Japan but watched most of the good stuff from New Japan up to the G1. I've been watching most of the recommended Big Japan Strong Division stuff and wished I was all in that stuff. Also haven't seen anything from this season of Lucha Underground.

It's weird because besides WWE, I've watched mostly Joshi and Lucha.
Stardom reviewer for Wrestling With Words

Concrete

Postby Concrete » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:44 pm

bennyowens wrote:Hope it's ok that I start a couple of discussion threads, I'm still on the fence about participating and hopefully these will help me decide!

For me joshi is a huge blind spot this year, in fact I've only seen one match! Not through lack of interest, it's just there's so much to watch and it's just an area I've not made time for. I'm not sure if I should try and dig in to some of the recommended stuff or this wouldn't be a fair way to judge an entire subset of wrestling and I should just leave it out of my list completely.

What are your views on how representative your lost should be of the whole wrestling spectrum? What blind spots do you have?

As the person putting this thing together I fully encourage you to participate as you are unlikely to have more blindspots than myself.

I have blindspots everywhere, including joshi. I watch a smattering of all over but not even close to as much as others in any individual category.

DylanJx4

Postby DylanJx4 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:14 am

bennyowens wrote:Hope it's ok that I start a couple of discussion threads, I'm still on the fence about participating and hopefully these will help me decide!

If interested, here are all the joshi matches I've rated **** or higher this year. Have watched just about everything. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1811177447

trask

Postby trask » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:41 am

Joshi. UK. AJPW. Those are the main three. Luckily we have until February where I can procrastinate more.
Founder of Wrestling With Words

Fray

Postby Fray » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:15 pm

Joshi. Anything Japan that isn't New Japan. Although with Bushiroad, I'm only a few days into the G1 and will probably cram stuff this weekend. Lucha, definitely. But I've got a backlog of lucha stuff saved back so it'll get situated before I vote in awards.
Ex-Staff Member of Wrestling With Words; Have been asked to stop making posts saying, "WHO?" and also to stop calling you "marks". So, I use this space to say this: "I hate all of you. Your opinions are dumb." Thank you.

VilinskiKonjic

Postby VilinskiKonjic » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:12 am

Stuff that I plan to fill in before year's end? AAW and CWF are the main ones. Got to try and catch up on OTT and Beyond too.

Might bite the bullet and blitz through some WCPW stuff, as well as a wXwNow subscription on my next payday. If I have any time left, I'll hopefully get dig into the SCI before some giving some WWE C-shows the business. I may be severely overestimating the amount of free time I have over the next month. Definitely no chance of me getting into any more puro stuff this year, gonna try getting into BJW and AJPW over the course of 2017.

Concrete

Postby Concrete » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:20 pm

VilinskiKonjic wrote:Stuff that I plan to fill in before year's end? AAW and CWF are the main ones. Got to try and catch up on OTT and Beyond too.

Might bite the bullet and blitz through some WCPW stuff, as well as a wXwNow subscription on my next payday. If I have any time left, I'll hopefully get dig into the SCI before some giving some WWE C-shows the business. I may be severely overestimating the amount of free time I have over the next month. Definitely no chance of me getting into any more puro stuff this year, gonna try getting into BJW and AJPW over the course of 2017.

I will maintain that even if you only can get through the first line here, and even if only half of that, you should still submit a ballot. Not saying you weren't going to but I know people seem to be afraid to commit without seeing a PLETHORA of stuff.

Return to “Misc. Discussion”