I’m not sure how familiar most people are with Pete Schirmacher, but he’s definitely someone people should familiarize themselves with. The best way to do that is to pay attention to the PWO-PTBN Podcast Network. On said network Pete makes many appearances and is the host of This Week in Wrestling. Beyond that Pete is always providing insightful posts on the Pro Wrestling Only message board. Lastly, Pete can be found sending out Tweets from his handle, @titansowrestlin.
*As a general reminder, what follows are Pete’s answers to a standardized set of ten questions. This is meant to help gauge the variety of opinion within the larger wrestling community. It’s also done in this manner to avoid any editorializing on my part (outside of minor grammar corrections), and eliminate any opportunities for bias.*
1) How old are you?
2) When did you first start watching wrestling?
3) When do you recall first thinking critically about wrestling?
“1988 or 1989 seeing the (Four) Horsemen and (Ric) Flair having great matches.”
4) What is your favorite promotion of all time?
“Crockett (Jim Crockett Promotions).”
5) Who is your favorite wrestler of all time?
“Ricky Steamboat/Ric Flair, tie.”
6) What is your favorite era of wrestling?
7) What is your favorite style of wrestling?
“Southern Style wrestling.”
8) What are the elements that make up a talented pro wrestler?
“I think timing, connecting to the crowd, storytelling, and selling.”
9) What is most important to you when it comes to spending your time with a pro wrestling product?
“That I get a good storyline, with a good match, and having a good pay off.”
10) What major changes do you see in the pro wrestling landscape ten years from now?
“I’m expecting wrestling to get back to basics. Strip it down to wrestling and not sports entertainment.”